Mr. Brown Introduction

Hello Parents!

Welcome to the class blog. I’ll use this first post to introduce myself!

This will be my 25th year in education and second year at Saint Cecilia. I’m honored to be here! The mission of the school fits perfectly with my values and beliefs about education.

I’ve taught multiple grades from Kindergarten through 8th grade. I’ve spent most of those years as an Instructional Coach and teacher in 5th grade. I also teach professional development classes for teachers called Trait-Based Writing. This year, I have the honor of leading this work with teachers at Saint Cecilia!

I received my Bachelors of Education from Central College in Pella, Iowa, and my Masters of Science in Educational Leadership from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. I’m currently enrolled in The University of Nebraska at Omaha to continue my education.

In addition to teaching, I coach club softball through the Lady Cougars in Papillion, Nebraska.

My youngest, Emily

My family lives in Council Bluffs. We have six children. Four have graduated. The picture you see is Isabel and Emily. My wife works for Creighton University.

I’m very happy to be part of the St. Cecilia family!